Sunday 29 July 2012

Seven Heaven

Hi Guys

When I started this blog I really didn't think hair was something I would go into. For years thanks to my mum, I had a lovely boys haircut and was never able to do anything with it. But for the last few years I've been growing it and absolutely love it, I love be able to actually try new things with it and create different looks.

I was watching a Dolly Bow Bow video and Kate was on about her hair and how when your younger and at a certain age most girls want to cut their hair. They want to do something different and start to experiment with their looks. Well anyway she was one who really wanted to cut her hair but her mother said not to as she would regret it and oh how I wish my mum had done the same. Kate's hair if you don't know is amazingly thick, long and healthy and hopefully one day my hair will be the same.

When my hair was short I felt like I had to wash it every day to style it but over time I have cut back and now, with the help of dry shampoo, I only wash it every three days or so. Go me right!

Well for work I try and look smart and keep my hair looking different as I'm a little paranoid about people saying I always look the same. And recently I've been getting compliments on my hair styles and thought I would share them and see what you guys think.

My hair product must haves to to create all these looks are..

Hair tools, Hair Accessories, Rollers, Hair Bands, Hair Pins, Dry Shampoo, Head Hugger, Denman, Elnett Hairspray, Tangle Teeze, Donut, V05 give me texture, V05 Plump It Up, Berber oil


Denman Styling 5 Row Handbag Brush
V05 Plump It Up Amplifying Blow Dry Lotion
V05 Give Me Texture Instand Oomph Powder
Loreal Paris Elnett Hair Spray
Bobby Pins In Two Sizes
Berber Oil Hair Treatment

Batiste Dry shampoo
Clear Hair Bands
Denman Big Barrel Brush in Head Hugger
Tail Comb
Regular Hair Bands
Velcro Rollers in assorted sizes
Donut Bun
Tangle Teezer

Now a lot of these styles or looks are for second day hair as I thought that's what most people would want to see as I always find it easy to wear down when its freshly washed.
Before we start I would like to point out yes I know the picture quality aint great and I do apologise but my camera is rubbish. And I would like to point out I am aware that my hair needs dying and on some of the up does you may notice it still has a red tint on the ends from about two years ago so my advise never dye your hair red.


Style One: Twist & Shake 

This has to be one of my most worn hair styles as its really simple. If needed spray the roots with a little dry shampoo and back comb at your parting. Select the size of the piece you would like to pin back and twist bringing the hair back as you go this will give you a tighter look. Pin with two bobby pins one upwards and one downwards crossing them over around an inch back from the ears, then repeat. Make sure that both sides are even and then fix with a generous amount of hair spray.

Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Twisted Hair Styles
Shake Your Tail feather 
Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Twisted Hair Styles
Twist & Shout
Style Two: Twisted Sister

This is a good one for both freshly washed or second day hair, make sure your parting is over on one side which ever you prefer for yourself. Start by twisting a section of hair about an inch square away from your face and adding more hair to it as you go. Make sure you keep the hair tight as you go moving slightly father away from your face as move down. Pin the hair about half an inch behind and above the ear making sure that you cover the pins with a small section of hair from the side of your head.

Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Twisted Hair Styles
Twisted Soul
Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Twisted Hair Styles
Twisted Sister
Style Three: Bun Deal
For years I honestly thought that this look could only be created if you had really long hair until I discovered the good old donut. I purchased mine from Primark for £1 and must wear it at least once a week, its a god send. This style is also perfect to get an extra day out of washing your hair and great if your trying to wash it less.

Step one is simply to put your hair into a high pony tail, I always back comb mine a little because I dont like it being flat to my head. Place the donut over the pony tail like you would another hair band and back comb the tail of your hair so that its nice and bushy. Next fan the hair over and around the donut so that none of it is showing and place another hair band around the bun to hold the hair in place. Finaly I use the large bobby pins to tuck in all the excess hair, use a generous amount of hair spray to hold in place and your done.

Tip - If your hair is to short to cover the donut fully simply buy a small piece of hair extension in the best matched colour for you and rap around the donut. This will hide any gaps you may have once you have fanned out your hair.

Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Hair Donut, Hair Bun
Bun Up
Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Hair Donut, Hair Bun
Hot Cross Bun
Style Four: Pinned It
This is my favourite hair style as it can be worn on fresh hair that just wont do as its told and second day hair to hide greasy bits.

This style is very similar to the 'Twist & Shake' style and is completed in the same way just choosing larger pieces of hair and back combing the hair slightly higher.

Pin Back Hair, Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair
Pin Up
Pin Back Hair, Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair
Back It Up
Style Five: Curly Wearly 
This is my going out hair or at least when I have time to keep my rollers in for long enough. Using rollers for the first time can be quite daunting but after practising a few times it becomes like second nature. I am going to do a more detailed post on how to use rollers as its going to be quite a long one. 

Hair Styles, Rollers, Curly Hair Styles, Velcro Rollers
Curl In My step
Hair Styles, Rollers, Curly Hair Styles, Velcro Rollers
Curly Wearly
Style Six: You Will Go To The Ball

This is a simple mix of 'Curly Wearly' and 'Pinned It' 


Hair Styles, Rollers, Curly Hair Styles, Velcro Rollers
A Pin To Far
Hair Styles, Rollers, Curly Hair Styles, Velcro Rollers
Always Kissing Frogs
Hair Styles, Rollers, Curly Hair Styles, Velcro Rollers
You Will Go To The Ball
Style Seven: Lazy Sundays
I stole this look from The Beauty Department and loved how simple it was. Its just a high pony tail that is back combed and pinned under with bobby pins. Make sure you pull the hair tight at the very front of the pony tail to get it as high as you can and finish with generous amount of hair spray.

Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Hair Ups
Lazy Sundays Up Do
Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Hair Ups
Flying High High 
Hair Styles, Medium Length Hair, Hair Ups
Up Up & Away
I hope that some of these styles have given you inspiration for your own styles and If anyone would like a more detailed post on any of these looks please just ask in the comments box.

Thanks for reading and I fancy doing a few more posts like this with other styles I use if you guys would like to read them. 

18 comments:

  1. I love the curly and curly pinned. I am a sucker for curls.

    Laura xo
    whatlauradid.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darling! In obsessed to defo thinking about getting sleep in rollers would love them! Xxx

      Delete
  2. I would love to know how to create the lazy sunday up do! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment if you click on the link for the beauty department they have amazing pictures xxxx

      Delete
  3. Great post! I'm rubbish with my hair, it only ever gets straightened and a bit of back combing! I need to try the bun out! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy when u know how u studied YouTube for ages at first :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Style 1 is my current choice for my own hair.
    I absolutely love your curls! Everytime I try to curl my hair I create a blonde afro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine always falls within like an hour but with the right products it's getting better. Thanks for your comment :) xxx

      Delete
  5. I always fall back into just hair down or hair in a donut bun! These give some good ideas I should get on and try. Love the pin up one!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will have to try the pin up and curly look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's defo my go to look can't wait till it grows more going to get some clip in extension I think and cheat a little lol xxx

      Delete
  7. You are so beautiful omg you are gorgeous! So jealous!

    Helen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are cute and simple hairstyles that look great on you!:)
    I'm a new follower, I've linked your button on my blog, maybe you could link mine as well?:)

    http://the-bellepoque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank him ill take a nosey I'm sure I'll love it :) xxx

      Delete
  9. enjoyed reading this post, your hair looks beautiful curled :)
    http://kemples.blogspot.co.uk/ xoxo

    ReplyDelete